What we do
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, SD, MetaBank operates in both the Banking and Payments industries. Within Banking, the traditional retail bank business operates 10 branches in four market areas: Central Iowa; Storm Lake, Iowa; Brookings, S.D.; and Sioux Falls, S.D.; and also includes AFS/IBEX, its insurance premium financing division. Meta Payment Systems, its electronic payments division and Refund Advantage, EPS and SCS, its tax-related financial solutions divisions, comprise the Payments business. Meta Financial Group, Inc.® (NASDAQ Global Market®: CASH), is the holding company for federally chartered savings bank MetaBank, Member FDIC.
All Meta Bank and Meta Financial Group press releases are available on MetaFinancialGroup.com. Click here to be directed to our releases.
- Founded: MetaBank was founded in 1954 by Stanley H. Haahr in Storm Lake, Iowa. For more detailed history information, visit MetaFinancialGroup.com.
- Locations: MetaBank has ten retail bank branches located in Iowa and South Dakota. Our corporate headquarters are located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. We also have division locations in California, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Texas.
- Number of employees: 825 *as of 9/1/17
- Tyler Haahr, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Meta Financial Group and MetaBank
- Brad Hanson, President of Meta Financial Group, MetaBank and Meta Payment Systems
- Glen Herrick, EVP and CFO of Meta Financial Group and MetaBank
|Total Loans, net||$1,317,837,000||$919,470,000||$706,255,000|
If you are a member of the media and need additional assistance, our contact information is below.