Your bank helping you stay secure
You can feel confident that your information is secure with us. Here are a few ways you can protect yourself from threats, scams, identity theft and viruses.
Keeping up on security-related news is as simple as reading the Security Buzz.
- MetaBank’s security newsletter is written by security experts
- Read up on the best ways to safely browse and bank online
- It’s a free resource – have it emailed to you or see past issues online
Want to be informed of current email and internet scams? Check out our security alerts.
- Know what we know – receive alerts as we get updates from our security staff
- View scams that are applicable to your area
- See past alerts in our archives, or sign up to receive alerts in your inbox
Our Security Education Center offers free courses on managing your own security.
- Learn about the basics of cyber-crime, and be aware of daily threats
- Discover tools for keeping your communications safe
- Manage the threat of viruses and malware
Keep your information safe when online – keep in mind:
- Social networking over a mobile phone can tempt hackers seeking out information attached to your mobile number
- Use strong, complex passwords – and change them often
- Check for “https” in the address bar – it’s more secure than a standard “http” when browsing sensitive, private information
- Avoid online banking on a public computer or public Wi-Fi – it exposes you to theft
- Keep your antivirus software up-to-date – don’t let more than three years go by without buying a new edition
- Install updates to your software – from Adobe Reader to your Windows programs, update your applications as often as possible
- Password-protect your mobile devices – they’re loaded with personal data such as email addresses, photos, phone numbers and social networking logins
- Banks won’t ask for private information over email – avoid phishing scams
For more information on what MetaBank can offer you in terms of security news and tips, call 1.866.559.5037 or email email@example.com.